Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rough Week

It's been a rough week. Woke up a couple of days ago and again today with pain in my AN eye. Not really sure what's causing it. I seem to go through a full tube of Lacri-Lube trying to get it to 'calm down'. The eye is red and the lower lid is very sore. It almost burns if I touch it with the tip of the Lacri-Lube. I can't wait till I see Dr. Mauzolf. Hopefully, he can help me find a way to keep my eye comfortable.

My headache seems worse when my eye is inflamed also. Wonky head rules the day and I seem to have more problems with my balance. Seems the best way to deal with it all is to take my hydrocodone and sleep.

I complain about spending so much time in my room, but it's really the only place I want to be. It hurts to think. I don't have the strength to deal with every day life. The screaming and yelling of my grandkids is too much....too much noise...too much stress. I'd really like to simply go to sleep and wake up when this nightmare is over.

I still don't have an appointment with a local neurosurgeon. Michelle, my contact at their office, called yesterday to update me on what was going on. She said one of the doctors didn't want to take my case and has passed it to one of his partners. The partner won't be in the office until the 19th. Hopefully, he will be willing to take over my case. I wonder what happens if he doesn't want to do it either. I guess I can always try Omaha. Now I understand what Jeff said about finding a local doctor when he moved here from out of state.

No comments:

Post a Comment